Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: should I get a catch can?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member REALNemeKwky12Seclub's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2001
    Posts
    82
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So this Catch can?? It helps performance or what?? And if you gte the Hondata would you still need it??

    ------------------
    N E M E S I S 4 Life Nor-Cal
    12 Sec GSR on 6lb Pulley and boltons.
    IM- NemeKwky12seclub

  2. #12
    Inactive Member zip's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 1999
    Posts
    1,160
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just do this setup open PCV setup, it's cheaper and cleaner to do:
    http://forums.clubsi.com/ubb/Forum12/HTML/008639.html

    I've had the same setup since I installed by JRSC about 2 yrs ago.

    ------------------
    Innovator of the JRSC electronic boost controller
    Test-Pipe O2 Simulator
    J&S audible alarm
    Mods

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have also had an open air catch can setup for two years. No oil has ever accumulated in the can and my engine bay is no dirtier.

    You can use a soda bottle and duct tape for this mod, so the only reason to spend big money is for looks.

    ------------------
    Greg Holden
    96 GSR, JSRC @10psi, All the Goodies!
    Best 1/4 ==> 13.356 @ 105.92mph (non-drag street tires!)
    My JRSC Install Site

  4. #14
    Inactive Member austrian type-R's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2000
    Posts
    604
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have read about a oil catch can and it is possible to run up to 3 psi more of boost without detonation. Especialy on a blower engine it is good joice.

    What do you think about it. Is it worth?

    ------------------
    Car is under work for some bolt on?s
    http://www.geocities.com/superchargedtyper
    http://community.webshots.com/user/austriantyper check out my ride!

  5. #15
    Inactive Member vactor's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    318
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yes, get one. oil in the intake is not good for the motor.

    ------------------
    More Stop Than Go Power.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member SuperTeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    328
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Some one please post pictures. I cannot get the pictures on Clubsi to come up.

    ------------------
    95'GSR w/JRSC at 6psi.
    1/8 mi. 8.44 at 81mph.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member bobbrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2001
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I also made a homemade catch can. I used a clear 8oz. Nalgene bottle from REI, a breather filter, and the barbed fittings from my spare JRSC FPR. It only cost me a total of $10 for all the parts. Like Holden, I have yet to see any oil buildup in my catch can. I'm assuming this is an indication that my rings are sealing very well. I wonder, will any positive crankcase vapor exit trough the PCV valve or does it need some sort of vacuum assist?

    ------------------
    2001 GS-R, JSRC 6psi, DC Headers, AEM CAI, Tanabe G-Power Exhaust, H&R Sport Springs, Tokico 5-Way Adjustables, MufflerTech Custom Test Pipe, 17" 5-Zigen GT8 Wheels, Neuspeed Short Shifter, B&M FP Gauge, JR MAP Controller, Zip's O2 Simulator

  8. #18
    Inactive Member JT98CivicEX's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2001
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SuperTeg:
    Some one please post pictures. I cannot get the pictures on Clubsi to come up.

    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I think photopoint.com is down at the moment. The pictures should be available once they are up again...


    JT


    ------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •